Safety & Quality
Safety and Quality are woven into everything Foundation Steel does. We design safety in the earliest stages of our participation in a project. In design assist, we search out how we can best help the architect/engineer design safety into the bid drawings. Our first goal is to eliminate hazards where possible. After that our next goal is to design a thorough erection plan and project specific Safety Plan. We don’t approach these in a routine fashion but take care to look at each project as though it is our ONLY project and that it is the most dangerous project we have ever had and therefore we need to be extremely detailed.
We approach our Safety program like a chain – only as strong as our weakest link. Foundation Steel trains, mentors, and empowers our workforce with the necessary knowledge and tools to work both safely and efficiently. This approach ensures that our ironworkers are held accountable to complete every project with the highest safety and quality standards for continued success.
Our dedicated Safety and Quality Management team ensure that each portion of every project is completed to the full satisfaction and expectations of our clients. We are an active member of the American Institute of Steel Construction, AISC, and the Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association, MBCEA.
- Comprehensive and usable Safety and Health Plan
- Extensive new hire safety orientation followed by a comprehension quiz
- Disciplinary policy that is followed
- We subscribe to best practices rather than minimum OSHA requirements
- Weekly tool box talks
- Daily individual task hazard analysis cards completed by each team member
- Morning safety huddle
- Annual company-wide safety training.
- Several foreman trainings throughout the year
- Active safety committee
- Positive reinforcement program
From our work on the The Andersons Headquarters.
2016: Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation Division of Safety & Hygiene
- Group Award - Held the lowest incident rate in our group.
- 100% Award - Worked the entire calendar year without an injury or illness resulting in a day away from work.
- Achievement Award - Decreased our incident rate by at least 25% from the previous year.
2017: Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation Division of Safety & Hygiene
- Group Award – Held the lowest incident rate in our group.
- 100% Award – Worked the entire calendar year without an injury or illness resulting in a day away from work.